Monday, July 4, 2011

First Ride On Ice Cream


Again today I went out to work with Ice Cream and she did a GREAT job. She is showing a lot more respect towards people and I mounted her without any issues. I trotted & walked today...worked on turning...it will be a long road till I can call this horse "broke". She has spent most of her life in a pasture not being asked to do much and has developed bad behaviors towards people - she would knock you down, invade your space to the point of trampling on you, strike you with her front legs, offer to kick from the side, use her head to push you around, not listen when being handled...basicly just a brat. Her owner loves her and wants to see her have a more "useful" life and so I am trying to teach her to respect humans while being handled, accept a rider and move when asked in the way you ask...so far so good...things seem to be moving along quite smoothly!
Visit herdbound.net for more equestrian and horse info!

No comments:

Post a Comment