Friday, July 15, 2011

Join Up With Rain - It's A Beautiful Thing!


I spent only a little over a half hour to get her to Join Up with me. Which is pretty freaking amazing :) She is a skitterish little thing. And at times she is a bull headed bucking bronc ask her last trainer who thought this little lady broke his back from one of the most vicious bucking sessions he has had to date. She may just be more of a "ladies" horse. I rode her in the Alumni Parade and had only one little spook when the crowd started to clap for the band...she whirled around and almost caused mass panic amongst the horses. They were all saying "oh no! something bad is happening" and were about to bolt as well BUT she calmed down and we preceeded to finish the parade without incident. She has bucked my son several times...as for me not really...she does get a little stubborn and try to get her head down between those knees at times...BUT so far she hasn't bucked me yet...but now that I typed it...will probably do it! This is one of my favorite excercises to do with a horse to get a bond they understand established. It isn't a "save all" but it does help a few things click in their horsey heads. All in all it went very well. You notice I never strike the horse with the whip, I will crack it and strike the ground...that's all that is needed to get most horses ear on you and their legs a moving.
Visit herdbound.net for more equestrian and horse info!

No comments:

Post a Comment